The growing demand for "flexibility" of production, reduces the possibility of using a fully automatic systems. For many operations in particular body shop and assembly, has increased the role of manual operations and, consequently, the need to develop highly ergonomic workstations in order to:
· comply with the regulations;
· eliminate / prevent diseases from work;
· improve the process reliability;
· improve and ensure the quality of manual processes and products.
The analysis of ergonomic workplace can be achieved through experimental tools and simulation software tools. In particular, it can act in two distinct phases of the development process:
· on the existing working line, where the optimization in this case is to improve the impact of new tools and equipment and undertaken only where there are critical macro;
· in the design phase, where through specific tools for the movement analysis (to objectify the operators movement within a pilot workplace) integrated with those of virtual reality is possible the design of the production process by optimizing cycle time, method and ergonomics to improve the quality of the final process.
CRF Public Projects
ISTITUTO DI ERGONOMIA PER LA SICUREZZA (2008 – in corso)
Attività propedeutiche allo sviluppo di un istituto di ergonomia
CYBERMANS (2006 – 2009 in corso)
Cybernetic Manufacturing Systems
XPRESS (2007 – 2010 in corso)